We currently have the following open position in the Nimbus team:
- Nimbus Software Developer Position at University of Chicago:
To apply please visit http://jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=229408
About us: The Nimbus team is a globally recognized pioneer in infrastructure cloud computing. We created the first ever open source Infrastructure-as-a-Service implementation, and are constantly evolving and thriving on the leading edge of cloud services technologies. We work closely with scientific application communities to develop innovative solutions in cloud computing infrastructures and platforms, with particular focus on High Performance Computing and Big Data systems. To facilitate cloud computing research on a national scale, we also operate an experimental testbed supporting cloud computing research. Our overall mission is to develop innovative technical solutions that create new opportunities in science. The Nimbus team provides a friendly, collegial environment where you will be challenged to help create these groundbreaking new cloud technologies.
About the job: In this position you will be making critical contributions to two Nimbus projects. First, you will be helping to build and operate the Chameleon experimental infrastructure for cloud computing. Specific tasks will include working with OpenStack to provide additional features or find creative solutions to problems, help operate the testbed working closely with our system administrators, and work with our users. For the second project you will be participating in development of infrastructure that elastically adapts to service demands of processing dynamic data streams obtained from social and sensor networks. Specific tasks will involve working with technologies such as Openstack, Hadoop and Pig and adapting them to solve new problems as well as original development focused on innovative capabilities.
Key requirements for the job:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or another relevant computer related field
- The more relevant programming experience the better (preferably demonstrated via contributions to open source software)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, IaaS cloud systems (OpenStack, AWS), virtualization technologies/containers, and other relevant technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, work both independently and in a team environment, and a keen sense of humor
For more detail and to apply please visit http://jobopportunities.uchicago.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=229408